Motorola MT870, First Dual Core TD-SCDMA Android Smartphone, Now on China Mobile
China Mobile is getting ready to welcome the Motorola MT870, a model with a dual core processor and a specs list that reminds me of the Atrix quite a bit. We’re dealing with sort of a premiere here: the world’s first dual core smartphone with TD-SCDMA connectivity on China Mobile.
This dual core phone runs Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread and it comes with a couple of special apps created by Motorola and China Mobile and available through the Shop4apps store. The Chinese carrier will also offer specific services such as TeleNav, Fetion, CMMB and 139 Mail. Here’s the specs list for this model:
- CPU: 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2, dual core
- Display: 4 inch, qHD (540 x 960), capacitive touchscreen
- Camera: 8MP, autofocus, dual LED flash, 720p HD video capture, VGA camera (videocall)
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi 802.11n, Bluetooth, HDMI out, DLNA
- Memory: 8GB internal, microSD card slot, 512MB RAM
- Battery: 1880 mAh
Motorola MT870 will be available sometime in July, with a recommended price of approximately $725.