Nokia X7 Announced – Runs Symbian Anna, Features Great Multimedia Functions, Big Screen (Video)
The hot and very much leaked Nokia X7 has finally been confirmed, during today’s Nokia event in London. We’re dealing with a Symbian^3 Anna device here, using the latest interface of the famous platform pushed by the Finns. This is the first 4 inch multimedia handset made by Nokia and focused on entertainment.
A worthy successor to the X6, this phone comes with 4 speakers in its corners, for an incredible audio experience. It’s also got a big display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass against shattering. Nokia X7 is bundled with free walk and drive navigation, an 8GB card, Nokia Email and support for Nokia Social.
You’ll also find on board Galaxy on Fire HD and Asphalt 5 HD, both preinstalled games. Here’s the specifications list for the phone:
- Dimensions: 119.7 x 62.8 x 11.9mm
- Weight: 146 grams
- Connectivity: pentaband 2G/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Display: 4 inch, capacitive AMOLED, 640 x 360 pixels
- Camera: 8MP, full focus, dual LED flash, 720p video capture
- Memory: 8GB memory card preinstalled, 350MB internal, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Battery: 1200 mAh, 450 hours standby use, 4.5 hours 3G talktime
Nokia X7 will debut in Q2 2011 and it will cost EUR 380, before taxes and subsidies. Last we heard, the device was rejected for an US launch, but maybe the carriers will change their minds after finding out the price and seeing the cool new Symbian interface. Will this unit sell as well as the X6? Time will tell, but till then here’s a video presentation of the phone: