Sony Ericsson Announces Xperia neo V, Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread October Update for 2011 Xperias
Sony Ericsson has wonderful news for you: a new Xperia model, the neo V and a very appealing update for the 2011 Xperia models. I’m talking about the Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 update, that will come in October, the month when SE celebrates 10 years of joint venture (Sony + Ericsson).
The update brings a couple of very appealing features, such as an improved Facebook inside Xperia experience and 3D camera features from Sony. The new software also brings Google Talk with Video Chat, available on handsets with a front camera, while the 3D features will allow you to take panorama pics to view in 3D on 3D TVs via HDMI.
Also, with Android 2.3.4 you will be able to turn your handset into a Mini PC by connecting USB accessories such as mouse and keyboard to the Sony Ericsson Livedock. Swipe input is also available for text input with the update. Moving on to the Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V, this model will come with the following specifications:
- OS: Android 2.3.4
- CPU: 1GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255
- Camera: 5MP, 16x digital zoom, auto focus, LED flash, HD 720p video capture, image stabilizer
- Connectivity: aGPS, Bluetooth, DLNA, HDMI, microUSB, TV out, WiFi, UMTS HSPA, GSM GPRS/EDGE
- Display: 3.7 inches, 480 x 854 pixels
- Memory: 320 MB internal, microSD card slot (up to 32GB), 2GB card bundled
- Battery: 1500 mAh, 6 hours 55 minutes of GMS/GPRS talk time, 430 hours of GSM/GPRS standby
Expect it to come in white, blue gradient and silver and also expects a 13mm waistline and 126 grams of weight.