LG seems to be rushing to unveil its future handsets early, ahead of MWC 2018. At least they’re doing that for 2 models, the LG K8 (2018) and the LG K10 (2018). These handsets will be on sale on key markets in Europe, plus Asia, South America and Middle East. These are entry level – midrange machines, shown below.
Let’s see what each device has to offer. First up is the LG K8 (2018), which is a 5 incher with a 720p resolution and a quad core CPU inside. Both newcomers share the autofocus back camera and noise reduction for low light picture taking, plus similar design. They will be available in black, blue and gold and the K10 (2018) has some nifty extras found on pricier models usually.
And if you’re curious, here’s the specs list of the LG K8 (2018):
- Display: 5 inch, 1280 x 720 pixels
- CPU: quad core, 1.3 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB, microSD
- Camera: Front – 5 MP/ Back – 8 MP
- Battery: 2500 mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB 2.0
- Size: 8.2 mm thickness, 152 grams weight
An interesting fact about the LG K10 (2018) is that it borrows the 13 megapixel shooter of the dual camera module from the LG G6. Its 8 megapixel selfie shooter is capable of Bokeh somehow. Both handsets run on Android 7.1.2 (preinstalled) and each has 4G LTE connectivity.
We have the full specs list for the LG K10 (2018) as well:
- Display: 5.3 inch, 1280 x 720 pixels
- Procesor: octa core, 1.5 GHz
- RAM: 3 GB (K10+), 2 GB (K10 and K10 Alfa)
- Storage: 32 GB (K10+), 16 GB (K10, K10 Alfa)
- Camera: K10/K10+ – 13 MP main cam/ 8 MP or 5 MP front cam; K10 Alfa – 8 MP main cam/ 5 MP front cam
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, microUSB 2.0
- Extras: fingerprint scanner, microSD card slot
- Size: 8.68 mm thickness