Well, the big day of the Nokia event in London came today and we’ve finally found out what the Finns had ready for us: the Nokia E6, the X7 model and the Symbian Anna UI upgrade for Symbian^3. The E6 is pictured below and looks like a pretty nifty QWERTY and touch device, meant for business users and people who use the email on the go a lot.
Nokia E6 will ship in Q2 2011, priced at EUR 340, before taxes and subsidies, while the US it will be available starting Q3. This handset is seen as an upgrade for existing Nokia E71 and E72 users, especially thanks to the higher resolution display, the Symbian upgrade and business solutions. Here’s the specs list for the E Series newcomer:
- Dimensions: 115.5 x 59 x 10.5mm
- Weight: 133 grams
- Display: 2.46 inch, LCD capacitive touch, 640 x 480 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Memory: 8GB internal, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Camera: 8MP, full focus, dual LED flash, 2X digital zoom, 720p video capture @25 fps
- Connectivity: pentaband 2G/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: removable 1500 mAh, 7 hours 30 minutes of 3G talk time
The new Symbian^3 version on this handset is codenamed Anna and brings forth 5 home screens, a faster browser and new interface. The bundled software includes World Traveler, JoikuSpot Premium and F-Secure Mobile Security. You also get Mail for Exchange, SharePoint and Office functions. Will you switch from your E71 to this baby?
Here’s a video presentation of the phone: