If you want to root your Samsung Galaxy S III handset I have to say right from the start that you’re doing it on your own risk. We only provide here the method we’ve found on the interwebs. This method involves desktop program Odin, that can be downloaded here and it’s used to transfer the necessary files for root to your phone.
Then you download the root package from here and do the following things:
- Unzip the Odin.zip file with the required utility
- Unzip the CF-Root-SGS3-vX.X.zip
- Start Odin by clicking the .exe file
- Click the PDA button, select CF-Root-SGS3-vX.X.tar
- Put the handset in download mode (turn off the phone and hold volume-down + home + power to boot); If it wants you to press a button to continue, press the one that’s listed
- Connect the handset via USB to the PC
- Repartition must not be checked
- Click the Start button
- And wait for Android to boot
Now the smartphone will boot into ClockWorkMod Recovery and then it will reboot again. After that you’ll have to identify the SU app in the appdrawer, which means you have successful root access. Step by step instructions are also available in the video below.