Sony has been much more tight lipped about its releases this year, without leaks, teasers and bragging about their lineup. Well, when it rains it pours and today it started pouring, with 5 devices getting detailed. The most prominent of them is a true flagship, with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and 4K display. 4 other models appeared, all of them specced below.
Sony has already confirmed its presence at MWC 2017 in Barcelona, where they should bring at least one of these new devices. Their flagship will have an octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset, as well as a 4K display. The info comes from the Review.ge blog, that also states the Japanese device maker is working on 4 other handsets.
All the leaks go like this:
- Display: 5.5 inch, 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Processor: octa core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- RAM: 4 or 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- Camera: Sony IMX400 sensor
- Display: 5.5 inch, Quad HD
- Processor: Snapdragon 835 or Snapdragon 653
- RAM: 4 GB
- Camera: Sony IMX400
Sony Keyaki (Zelkova)
- Display: 5.2 inch, Full HD
- Processor: octa core MediaTek Helio P20
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- Camera: 23 MP back/ 16 MP front
Sony Hinoki (Cypress)
- Display: 5 inch, HD
- Processor: octa core, MediaTek Helio P20
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 32 GB
- Camera: 16 MP back/ 8 MP front
This one gets less coverage, but it’s equally interesting, since it’s a mystery midranger, that will be sold at $350 a pop.
Yoshino is the flagship obviously and the model most likely to appear at MWC 2017. In exactly one month we’ll know which rumor was real and which was smoke and mirrors. Sony has its own conference scheduled in Barcelona on the 27th. Considering the limited availability of the Snapdragon 835 chipset, our expectations of it appearing on devices are rather modest.