With such hot devices like the HTC Desire HD2, HTC Desire 2 and HTC Wildfire 2, MWC 2011 promises to be a very hot event. The specs of all three devices we mentioned were posted online by UK online retailer Expansys, making us want to learn more about these smartphones. Here’s what the Desire HD2 could look like:
Of the bunch, HTC Desire HD2 is the most well-specced unit, with a dual core CPU and some more interesting details, that you can find out below:
- Display: 3.3 inch qHD screen, 960 x 540 pixels, Super LCD
- Camera: 8MP, autofocus, LED flash, image stabilization, 1080p video capture at 30 fps
- CPU: Qualcomm 8260 Snapdragon, 1.2GHz (dual core), Adreno 205 GPU
- Memory: 512MB RAM, 8GB internal, microSDHC
- Connectivity: 3G, Bluetooth 2.1, HDMI, WiFi, AGPS
This handset’s specs resemble the ones of the Samsung Galaxy S2 quite a bit (aside from the display), so it could rival Samsung’s product. We must also mention that the HD2 comes with HTC Sense 3.0 and its battery life is a mystery at this point. Moving on, we pass to the HTC Desire 2, that’s been teased, leaked and even spotted in Taiwan recently.
Here’s what the Desire 2 is all about:
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8250, 1GHz, Adreno 200 GPU
- Display: 3.7 inch capacitive Super LCD touchscreen, 800 x 480 pixels
- Camera: 5MP (main), autofocus, LED flash, image stabilization, 720p HD video capture, 2MP (front cam)
- Memory: 512MB RAM, 4GB internal, microSDHC
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi, DLNA, Bluetooth 2.1, AGPS
Last of the bunch is HTC Wildfire 2, an upgrade to a highly popular entrance on the Android market for people who want to spend little. Its specs are reasonable and this phone could be used to promote Android 3.0 Gingerbread to the masses.
- Display: 3.2 inch, TFT touchscreen, 320 x 480 pixels
- CPU: Qualcomm MSM 7227, 600MHz, Adreno 200 GPU
- Camera: 5MP (main), autofocus, LED Flash, touch focus, 24 fps video capture,
- Memory: 384MB RAM, microSDHC slot
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, AGPS
We’re expecting some pics of the handsets in the following hours, or days (worst case scenario). MWC sounds better and better this year!