After the major leak here, Nokia N9 aka Lankku was finally announced at Nokia Connection 2011. This AMOLED screen device runs MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan and its design doesn’t included a sliding QWERTY keyboard, in spite of previous speculations on this theme.
This model will come with apps and games such as Angry Birds Magic, Galaxy on Fire, Real Golf 2011 and OpenGL ES 2.0 on board. There’s also a Webkit2 browser in the mix, support for pinch to zoom and unified notifications for social networking services in the Events section. Here’s the specifications list for N9:
- Display: 3.9 inch, AMOLED, 854 x 480
- Memory: 16GB/64GB internal memory, 1GB RAM
- Connectivity: quad band GSM, penta band WCDMA, Bluetooth 2.1, NFC, GPS, WiFi
- Camera: 8MP, wide angle, 16:9 720p video capture, autofocus
- Battery: 11 hours GSM chat, 50 hours of music
The device measures 12.1 mm in thickness, weighs 135 grams and doesn’t use any kind of physical switches, unless you count the volume rocker and camera button. Nokia N9 will be available in black, cyan and magenta later this year and we’ve heard that it will be compliant with Qt 4.7 and HTML5. MeeGo will give you a simplistic UI, based on 3 home views (Events, Applications, Open Apps) and relying on swipe gestures to go back to the Home view.
Now let’s see what else Nokia prepared for us…