A month ago, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc was the slimmest smartphone out there, with a 8.7mm waistline and then last week came the Samsung Galaxy S II to rule the skinny handset segment, with a 8.49mm thickness. Now, there’s a new challenger, the NEC Medias phone, with an incredibly slim case that measures a mere 7.7mm.
NEC Medias is officially the slimmest 3G smartphone out there and its specifications are also pretty hot. Also known as NEC Medias N-04C, this device will be sold by local Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo and it will reach stores on March 15. Here’s the specs list of this phone that weighs only 105 grams:
- Display: 4 inch, LCD touchscreen, 480 x 854 pixels, Gorilla Glass
- OS: Android 2.2 (Gingerbread coming this summer)
- Camera: 5.1MP, CMOS sensor
- Connectivity: 3G/GSM roaming, GPS, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, WiFi, HSUPA, infrared
- Memory: microSDHC card slot
- Other features: i-mode, 1Seg digital TV tuner, e-wallet
The Medias will be available in black and white and you can see this incredibly slim piece of technology in the video below. Price is yet unknown.